Auto Correct: Change Those Filters
If you want to save money on car repairs – preventive maintenance is the way to go. That means replacing your vehicles filters on a timely basis. When and what do you need to replace? We’ll learn together. For more information about filters listen to another Auto Correct podcast: http://autocorrect.mpbonline.org/episodes/auto-correct-filters
- types of filters - air, oil, cabin, fuel
- change to protect your vehicle and save on repairs
- over filling gas tank
- cleaning your engine
- driving near beach
- more over filling gas tank
- engine knock
- window channel maintenance
- long lasting engine
Recalls for the week:
- Nissan is recalling certain 2020-2021 Titan, Titan XD, and Versa vehicles. The front right and/or left turn signal bulb can crack and fail to illuminate.
- GM is recalling certain 2021 Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave vehicles. During service by dealers, certain vehicles may have received incorrect air bag calibration software that may affect frontal airbag deployment.
- Nissan is recalling certain 2021 Rogue vehicles. The second-row upper tether wires may have been improperly welded to the seatback frame, preventing a child seat from being securely anchored. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016-2018 AMG GT vehicles. The bonding between the carbon-fiber driveshaft and the flange may be insufficient, which could result in driveshaft separation.
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: Buc-ee’s is set to invest $50 million into its first-ever Mississippi store. The 80,000 square foot business will be located at the exit off Menge Avenue and Interstate 10. The board of supervisors agreed Tuesday to invest an additional $15 million into infrastructure at that location to help support the new Buc-ee’s. https://www.wdam.com/2021/07/06/buc-ees-set-invest-50-million-south-mississippi-location/
Auto Casey: Kia Carnival
Short take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C94HItMRVto&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG5s2_DDM14
Keep up with Allison on social media: