Auto Correct: Southlife
Whether you’re a gear head or a Sunday driver, we think you’ll like a car show Saturday, July 31 and August 1 2021. It’s called Southlife. It’s taking place at Trustmark Park in Pearl. Allison and I will be there on Saturday. We’re talking about Southlife on the show today with organizer Roddy Merritt with MPMC Events.
Our host is Allison Walker, The Lady Auto Mechanic
Tell us you're a listener and get MPB swag at the car show!
- email - premium gas vs regular
- categories at show
- email oil change
- email rotors
- selling a car at the car show
- Tuner, Yes We Like Patina, The Great Scott Award!, Bust Under Construction, Best Stereo, Ladies Chose
- Food Trucks
- visit O'Reilly's, snap a car selfie, show it at the show for free stuff
Recalls for the week:
- Chevrolet Recalls More Than 50,000 Bolt EVs Again for Battery Fire Risk – owners are advised to park outside after charging and don’t charge the vehicle overnight among other instructions. Interim notification letters alerting owners to the safety risk will be mailed Sept. 6; a second letter will follow once Chevrolet has worked out a final remedy. Owners looking for more information can visit Chevy’s dedicated site, call 833-382-4389
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: MDOT’s 2021 Hurricane Evacuation Guides includes information on evacuation routes, contraflow, radio coverage areas, important contact information and more. Download a digital copy of MDOT's Hurricane Evacuation Guide or order a printed hard copy by visiting GoMDOT.com/maps.
MDOT’s toll-free line, 1-866-813-3616, offers information and referrals for transportation to vaccination sites by connecting callers to a designated regional call center.
Auto Casey: Ford Bronco Sport
Short take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKeJAKasAEk
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPx7NOXjcE