Auto Correct: Open Topic August
Our listeners are going to steer the show today. It’s an open topic show with a variety of questions and news.
Allson Walker is The Lady Auto Mechanic: text 601-502-3157
Recalls for the LAST COUPLE OF weeks:
- Ram 1500, 1500 Classic, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks have an airbag issue.
- Hyundai and Kia are issuing separate recalls for 2016-20 model years. The issue concerns a damaged trunk latch.
- 2021 Audi and Volkswagen vehicles with malfunctioning seat belt retractors
- 2020-22 Cadillac’s CT4s and CT5s are now being recalled for an issue concerning the roof-rail side curtain airbags.
- BMWs, Toyota Supras, and Z4s. Dealers need to update the engine management software.
- BMWs, Minis, Rolls-Royce, and Toyota Supras have a seat belt retractor recall.
- 2021 and 2022 Ford Transit and Transit Connect vans are being recalled for an issue with the locking retractor on a passenger seat belt.
- 2018-20 model-year Subarus have a faulty fuel pump
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: General Motors Co. and AT&T plan to bring 5G connectivity to millions of the automaker's vehicles in the U.S. over the next decade. Beginning with 2024 vehicles. https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2021/08/19/gm-at-t-partner-equip-vehicles-5-g-capability/8184464002/
Auto Casey: Kia K5 sedan
Short take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHXNXyMaYxc
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Yzv_lKq4k
- oil for your car
- radiator fluid
- inspection of used car
- Freon in the car
- parking break
- brake warning lights
- mechanics test drives
- swaping engine