Auto Correct: Memorable Drives
- Russia, Caucasus Mountains in Chechenia up to “Jew of the Caucasus”
- From Oxford to Yankee Stadium in NYC
- Million Dollar Highway: Silverton to Ouray, Colorado US 550
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountains
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Hwy 1 south from San Francisco
- Beach Hwy, 90 along MS’s coast
- Seeing the flooded area around Memphis from interstate bridge
- Taos, New Mexico
- Italy Stelvio pass drive
- Kit Carson Forest
- Wolf Creek Pass
- Toledo to Lansing Michigan
- Port Gibson to Rodney
And we had a call about brake pads and struts
Here are the recalls for the week
- 2013-2018 Nissan Altima: Dealers will replace the hood latch with a new one for free.
- 2016 Land Rover Range Rover, Range Rover Sport: Dealers will update the software and inspect the KV latches, replacing them if necessary, for free.
- 2019 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell, Electric and Plug-In Hybrid: Dealers will inspect the rear seat belt assembly production dates and replace the assemblies, as necessary, for free.
- 2019-2020 Bentley Bentayga: Dealers will replace the fuel line and quick connector for free.
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG Cars and SUVs: Dealers will replace the left rear seatback for free.
- You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number.
Consumer Reports rounded up the poorest used models of the past decade.
Today, we’re going to caution you about
Chrysler Town & Country - reliability has been very bad with Chrysler minivans in the past. Models from 2008 through 2012 rated much worse than average.
Please consider reading up on the reliability of this car before purchasing it as a used car, suggests Consumer Reports. https://www.carcomplaints.com/ is another resource for unreliable car lists.
Friend of the show, Casey Williams, doesn’t have any new reviews this week but you can watch his video reviews at Auto Casey on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMmlfIR8Yx9VyqRery5yPHQ
What’s in the news: National Automotive Service Professional Week - June 7-13, 2020 (Week with June 12th in it)