Auto Correct: MDOT only
While Coach is out this week, we’ve invited Mike Flood from the Mississippi Department of Transportation to join us to tell us what’s up with MDOT. When’s hwy 49 going to be finished? I’m new what’s contraflow? What’s coming for Crystal Springs? We learn about litter, safety, and mowing. https://mdot.ms.gov/
Adopt a highway: https://litter.mdot.ms.gov/adopt-highway-program/
Trash Bash: https://mdot.ms.gov/portal/news_release_view/957
- F-150 pickup trucks, Expedition SUVs and Navigator SUVs from Ford’s luxury brand Lincoln, plus model-year Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 trucks.
- 2015 Buick Enclaves, Traverses and Acadias are affected.
- 2015 Ford Escapes are being recalled for Rollaway Risk.
You can find out if your car has a past recall by calling the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
Ford unveiled its F-150 Lightning at the New York International Auto Show recently. Ford CEO Jim Farley announced. “We’re already pushing dirt down in Blue Oval City in Tennessee for another electric pickup truck that’s different than this one,” Farley said. https://jalopnik.com/ford-just-announced-a-second-electric-pickup-truck-1848844166?utm_source=jalopnik_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-04-26
Auto Casey: BMW M4
Short take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJn0ckJqLG4&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuJjuIaImp8
Coach's Tip of the Week: Don't tell the mechanic what's wrong with your car. Explain the noise or habit. But let them investigate themselves otherwise they will "fix" what you tell them to not necessarily what's wrong.
- Cogongrass - https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/terrestrial/plants/cogongrass
- Who maintains city/highway roads
- Grass needs mowing
- Elvis highway http://www.legislature.ms.gov/
- Speed limit signs
- Woodville Rd