Auto Correct: Front End
When you talk about the “front end” of a car – what does that mean? Hint – it doesn’t mean the front bumper. We’ll let Coach tell us about front end repairs and other maintenance issues.
- 2019-22 Ascents improperly installed PTC heater ground bolts have a fire risk. Owners are advised to park their Ascent away from structures and to avoid leaving it unattended while the engine is running. If you notice or smell smoke coming from the dash or driver footwell area, stop operating the vehicle and turn the ignition switch off.
- Ram is recalling its 1500, 2500 and 3500 trucks for unintended tailgate openings.
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
- Never veer for deer – brake firmly and don’t swerve.
- See one deer, expect to see more.
- 50% of crashes are 5pm to midnight.
- Use high beams when able so they illuminate the deer’s eyes.
- Buckle up, drive the speed limit, and avoid distracted driving.
12/14/2022 - 1st day of M-dot Christmas and the warning signs around the state had a message from contest winner: Don’t leave your family home alone. Wear a seat belt. 2nd Day of M-Dot Christmas: Be Merry and Bright. Use headlights. https://twitter.com/MississippiDOT
Auto Casey: Jeep Wagoneer
Short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k5GkkmZ7T4&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1lsFV5BCmE
Coach Charlie’s Tip of the Week: uneven wear patterns on your tires are signs of an alignment problem.