Auto Correct: Emmissions
Our topic is emissions from your car. What is it? What should it be? What can you tell from how your exhaust looks or smells about your car? We’ll learn together. Allison will also take your other vehicle repair questions.
Recalls for the week:
- Ford Recalls 192,000 model-year 2013-21 Transit Connect Vans for Transmission Issue. To resolve the problem, dealers will replace the under-hood shifter bushing and add a protective cap over the shifter cable bushing for free. Ford will begin notifying owners June 28. If you have further questions, you can call the automaker at 866-436-7332, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236
- Backup cameras have been a federal mandate on all cars since the 2019 model year. More than 342,000 model-year 2019-21 Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG vehicles, are being recalled for cameras that could display a blank image. The MBUX system software will be updated by a dealer, or via an over-the-air update, for free. Mercedes will begin notifying owners July 13, but those with further questions can call the automaker at 800-367-6372, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: Data released recently by the Governors Highway Safety Association for the full year show “the largest-ever annual increase in the pedestrian death rate” since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration established its Fatality Analysis Reporting System in 1975, according to the association. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2021/05/20/u-s-pedestrian-deaths-2020-hit-gruesome-milestone/5179519001/
Auto Casey: 2022 Hyundai Tucson
Short segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkG82U00q7o&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJntOi4HfRM
- changing the oil on a Prius
- catalytic converter burning out
- lifespan of catalytic converter
- email: what tools to have
- hit a deer