Auto Correct: Computers Encore
Cars just aren’t simple anymore. Computers control everything. We’re going to find out from Coach what we need to know and hear your vehicle repair questions.
Recalls for the week:
- Kia Recalls Vehicles for Faulty Airbags this includes: Forte Koup coupes; Forte sedans; Sedona minivans, and Soul and Soul EV hatchbacks. All repairs will be done for free, and Kia will begin notifying owners March 21. Those with additional questions can call the automaker at 800-333-4542
- Hyundai is recalling certain 2022 Santa Fe HEV and Santa Fe PHEV vehicles. The instrument cluster liquid-crystal display (LCD) may invert the image on the screen upon vehicle startup, making the display illegible. Website
- Ram Recalls model-year 2019-20 HD Pickups for Faulty Windshield Wipers; Ram parent Stellantis will begin notifying owners March 18. Those with additional questions can call the automaker at 800-853-1403
- 54,000 Teslas Recalled Over ‘Rolling Stop’ Full Self-Driving Function The entire Tesla lineup is affected, including nearly 54,000 model-year The automaker will begin notifying owners March 28, but in the meantime, those with questions can call Tesla at 877-798-3752.
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: according to Cars dot com: new research from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety questions if inflatable boosters are safe, specifically the BubbleBum and the Hiccapop UberBoost models.
Auto Casey: Ford Bronco
Short take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0d9YuPHviM&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyVH0CnySuk
Coach Charlie’s Tip of the Week: don't touch the lightbulbs in your vehicle with your fingers. The oil on your skin can reduce the life of the bulb.
- cruise control
- washer fluid
- cars that last
- tesla computer
- changing oil email
- need help? call Customer Service
- cruise control
- high mileage
- what to do with car
- ignition switch
- dealer oil change