Auto Correct: Becoming A Mechanic
Folks now a days are looking for jobs that are their passion. Do you know someone who’s passion is vehicles? We’re talking today about mechanic training. We’ve got a guest expert - Larry Plutchak from UTI (985-804-6444 https://lplutchak.uticentral.com/)
- Hyundai, Kia Vehicles Recalled for a fail of the Fail-Safe of the limited-mobility drive mode
- Audi and VW SUVs Recalled for Damaged Engine Bearings
- Audi, Bentley Vehicles Recalled for Faulty Rearview Display
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN. Or find their SaferCar app.
News: Tuesday the White House Announce 23 bridge projects in 23 states received grants to fund the planning of new federally funded infrastructure effort. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law’s Bridge Investment Program, set to provide $12.5 billion over five years towards building, repairing and replacing bridges across the country.
Auto Casey: 2022 Ford Escape Plug in Hybrid
Short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWWbnbw0ksE
Long video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH3tQq-JQk
Coach Charlie's Tip Of The Week: when looking to enter into an industry for a job - do your research.
Some training programs in Mississippi:
- Hinds CC Diesel Equipment Technology https://www.hindscc.edu/pathways/acmt/diesel-equipment-technology
- MGCCC Automotive Technology https://mgccc.edu/programs/schools/manufacturing-maritime-transportation/automotive-technology/
- Itawamba CC Automotive Technology https://www.iccms.edu/CTE?portalid=0
- Holmes CC https://holmescc.edu/career-technical/automotive-technology/
- Pearl River CC Automotive Mechanics Technology https://prcc.edu/academics/career-technical-education/indman/automotive-mechanics-technology/
MPB resources: https://gettingtowork.mpbonline.org/ Soft Skill training videos, Workforce Wednesday, "Pick an Industry" information