Auto Correct: Auto Casey Encore
We’re happy to have Auto Correct contributor Auto Casey – Casey Williams as our guest. Last year he drove over 50 different new vehicles and reviewed them on YouTube. Coach Charlie is here to answer your personal vehicle questions.
- Audi Q5 and SQ5 have troubles if you spill a liquid in the back seat! Dealers will install a protective cover on the gateway control module and seal an underbody seam, as necessary, for free. Audi will begin notifying owners Feb. 24, 2022; those with further questions can call the brand at 800-253-2834.
- Subaru Ascents, Legacys, Outbacks have a Drive Chain Issue. Dealers will reprogram the transmission control unit, inspect the data for chain slip and visually inspect the chain guide. If evidence of chain slippage or damage is found, the transmission will be replaced. All repairs will be performed for free. Interim letters will be mailed to owners by Feb. 7, 2022, but those with further questions can call the automaker at 844-373-6614.
- 2021-22 Ford F-150s Recalled for Driveshaft Issue. Dealers will inspect and repair the driveshaft, as necessary. They will also properly attach the underbody insulators. Both repairs will be done for free, and owners will be notified starting Jan. 31, 2022. Those with further questions can call the automaker at 866-436-7332.
- Tesla Model 3 Sedans Recalled for Rearview Camera Connection Tesla will install a guide protector and inspect the harness, replacing it as necessary. The repair is free of charge, and owners will be notified by mail in mid-February 2022. For further information, call Tesla at 877-798-3752
- Tesla Model S Sedans Recalled for Hood Latch. Tesla will inspect and reposition the latch assembly, as necessary, for free. Owners will be notified by mail starting Feb. 18, 2022. For more information, owners can call the automaker at 877-798-3752, call NHTSA’s vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236
You can find out if your car has a past recall by going to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls and inputting your VIN number. Or find their SaferCar app.
In the news: Ford Motor Co., concerned about its reputation and customer complaints related to the upcoming launch of the F-150 Lightning, is warning dealers not to upsell reservations for the popular EV truck and also wants customers to sign a contract preventing them from reselling it within a year, according to a letter from the automaker to its dealers. https://amp.freep.com/amp/9129717002
Auto Casey: Subaru Ascent Onyx
Short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOjLG78g9U&t=0s
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpZpTLGn_o
- Oil change
- Stolen car
- Lights out
- Valve cover
- Motor mount
- Interior light flicker
- Email – car locks up
- Email - brakes